The Sofer – Scribe Workshop
Connect with the story of writing holy texts in the traditional way. Meet an experienced Sofer Stam and learn how he writes Tefillin, Mezuzot, Megilot and Sefer Torah Scrolls.
Archeologists have found ancient scrolls over 2000 years old, such as Tefillin which were found from the Bar Kochba Rebellion which are just like the Tefillin that we don today.
When you participate in the Sofer Scribe workshop you will understand how Holy scrolls have been written for thousands of years on Leather Parchment using inks made from ancient recipes written with bamboo or feather quill pens.
Every tiny point on every tiny letter gets special attention
In the Sofer Scribe Workshop You will learn about:
- The rules for making Holy scrolls
- Leather Tefillin boxes
- Symbolism within Tefillin
- Concepts that are central to Jewish Beliefs written on these parchments, cherished by all Jews
- How to write some Hebrew letters on parchment using traditional materials
- Learn some fun stories from the Talmud
make an appointment for your Family on a Bar Mitzva tour or any tour group in Israel or for a special trip to your community abroad. Email email@example.com or Call 0544572366, NY (212) 729-8094 or (516) 595-1713, London 020 3734 8595